Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
I suggest that you get a nice laptop and smartphone at the bare minimum.

You will need a quality laptop throughout your college career. You will use it for writing papers, taking notes, reading ebooks, excel if you're a business major, engineering programs for those engineering majors and for whatever else you do on a daily basis.

When I started college, I bought a 15" MacBook Pro. It has been my work horse since day one and has never really gave me many problems. If I had to do it again, I would probably buy a 13" MBP or a MacBook Air. The 15" MBP isn't huge but throw text books, note books and other stuff in your book bag with it and it becomes huge.

I agree with everyone else, get a smartphone for college. Email will be your main type of communication to professors, other students, etc. Being able to access it anywhere is the best thing ever. I'll be honest, I literally never check my email from my computer. I don't know what I would do without my iPhone. Just today I sent 2 emails to my professors, one to an organization I am involved in on campus and exchanged a few emails between a prospective employer.

A tablet is good only if you have the extra money laying around. I wouldn't say that they are very useful. I bring my iPad with me on the day I have a short break in between my two classes. I wouldn't say that it makes me more productive. The one thing I do like if for is the calendar so I can keep track of due dates, exam dates, etc.
Appreciate 0