View Single Post
      10-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #29
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

haha well if your mod addicted like I was at one point, well almost a year ago, just wait to see how much different your beast is going to sound with a set of catless downpipes, intercooler and some sort of exhaust set up. No need to buy an exhaust because its honestly a waist of money, in my personal opinion. Just cut the secondary cats or buy a mid section exhaust and leave the OEM style muffler on, if you want the "quiet" car ( I recommend changing the tips to a 3.5" or a 4.0"). If you want it to be louder I suggest cutting the OEM muffler off as well as secondary cats and replace the secondarys with a set of vibrant resonators ( I hear the ultra quiet ones sound very good and takes the rasp away). They make different kinds but this takes ALOT of the drone away and with catless downpipes, secondary cat delete, vibrant resonators, with straight pipes all the way back, sounds pretty damn good. I would have went this route but I was an idiot and didnt know much when I started this project

so just some friendly advice and our cars, well N54's in general or any forced induction car loves the least back pressure possible.. Less back pressure = more flow, and more flow means more air from your CAI to spin those snails and make alot of BOOST
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0