09-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #104
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog125 View Post
So now I have updated the car with the latest firmware and yes, I see the tab on the left that says "Current Office". Obviously getting closer - unfortunately, it doesnt seem to be updating email when choosing update data - so no email??? Is that a BMW problem or phone problem. And will I only see a NEW text? A couple screenshots of current condition.

Thanks for your help.
I said in my post directly above yours that email isn't working properly at the moment, only texts....

It appears to be an iOS issue because it worked in iOS 6 betas but broke on later betas and stayed broken for the final release. But seriously man, don't poison the fun of your car by having it shove emails in your face; cars like this are supposed to be getaways from those elements of life.

Yes, you'll only see new texts (and presumably new emails once they get that fixed), and you can't delete them once they appear. iDrive just clears the stored texts when you turn the car off, though of course they stay on your phone. There's no option to retain them after turning your car off or delete them sooner.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0