View Single Post
      10-29-2017, 07:41 PM   #22
milfriez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 TiAg 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb335xi View Post
If one or both 02 sensors are bad, could the car be requesting too little or too much fuel, flooding or starving the engine if only for a split second?

In MHD, there is a setting for non standard 02 sensors that could be used for single turbo. If you run the car with that setting, it will exhibit "similar" bucking...

Just a thought.
Interesting thought, but I *think* the O2 sensors are relatively new, I think they had problems trying to get them out of my stock DPs when I went (k)atless. They just left them in the old DPs and I bought new ones, that was within the past year.

Something to add today. Much colder out today, engine wasn't very warmed up, and I was holding RPM in 4th gear, there was a sudden BOOST and SHARP drop off. Not a back and forth motion, but as dumb as this sounds, almost like a NOS shot for a second, then just died. Its really making me feel like something is just not measuring correctly and is messing with values. Which values? I couldn't tell ya, fuel pressure? ignition? AFR? boost? Could symptoms like this be from dirty/contaminated MAP sensors? Like I said, it seems like all this bucking was exasperated after replacing HPFP, low pressure sensor, high pressure sensor, and injectors all at once.
Appreciate 0