View Single Post
      11-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #63
jts1981
Captain
Rep
Drives: n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Sorry but to me problem with Z4 is it has looks only it's mother could love. I am just not a fan. Boxster or 3/4 series vert are both ten times better looking. Just my opinion.
False. I have a Z4 and I have M5, M3, 911, Cayman, and Boxster owners always complimenting my car. The car is gorgeous and never fails to get a a thumbs up. In fact Jeremy Clarkson raved about how great it looked.

As an own I can tell you the major problem with the Z is that BMW built it as a tourer only. The IS, which I own, shares the same M N54 as the M135 and it hauls ass. The N54 + DCT has great potential. There are members going through the parts bin and applying M suspension. Clearly there could have been an M version but the marketing gurus at BMW are not true enthusiasts. It's all about the bottom line.

Also in regards to marketing, if you look at all the videos they never compare the Z35is to the Boxster S, but the lesser Z35i which has less power, less cooling, and less brakes. Either they should compare top model to top model, or lesser model to lesser model. Its unfortunate that many people watch the videos and never know good the Z35is can be.

I love my Z and I'm a firm believer it will be a classic. Its a great car that came out at the wrong time.
GC LITES / BQ TUNE / MHD / FUEL IT BT ECA / WALBRO 525 LPFP / KW V3 / E9X M3 CONTROL ARMS / TURNER REAR CAMBER ARMS / RE BUSHINGS / H&R SWAYS / LUXON STRUTBAR / VRSF 7.5" FMIC / ER CP / TIAL BOV / VTT IN/OUTLETS / AFE PRO5R INTAKE / AR C.L. DP / BMS OCC / RB PVC / CF LIP + SIDE + SPOILER + DIFFUSER / IND REFLECTORS / BLK GRILLS / STUBBY / PB BBK / Forgestar F14 F: 19x9 et35 R: 19x10 et38/ Michelin PSS F: 245/35/19 R: 275/30/19
Appreciate 0