View Single Post
      11-22-2007, 08:15 PM   #31
BMW MotorSport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a burrito View Post
im still not digging that carbon fiber roof on the e92. i think its tacky and playful. although the roof serves a purpose of saving weight, it looks flashy and attracts unwanted attention. also, the purpose of having it on the e92 but not the e90? i don't really understand.. are they saying that the e92 is more sportier than the e90?

the 1 series.. lines are beautiful lights are terrible.
Sorry but coupes have always been more sporty than sedans. Sedans are considered more family oriented than coupes and most race cars are coupes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yes, coupes are considered more sporty than sedans. Not old news by any means. Sedans lack certain color combos and the CF roof due to the perceived nature of coupe vs sedan buyers. The CF roof saves about 40 lbs. when compared to the steel roof with a moonroof. Subtract the moonroof (...and its necessary operating mechanisms) from the equation, and the weight savings are a lot less. I'm opting for a sedan sans the moonroof.
+1 for the real race car nuts will opt for the coupe. I guess BMW M figured if you want a serious race bred car go with the coupe with the CF roof and for almost equal fun factor sedan with the sunroof.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyulak View Post
It's not having a CF roof that is ricy, it's the appearance of having a CF roof. Most of us understand Honda doesn't ship the Civic with a CF roof or hood, but you see modified Civics with painted roofs and hoods to mimic the standard CF look. Due to the prevalence of CF posing, many see a real CF roof and still consider it fake; thus becoming rice.

I don't mind CF components, but I would want them painted to match the color of the rest of the car.
This is for all the people stating they DO NOT like the carbon fiber roofs.

PAINT THE DAMN THING IF IT ANNOYS YOU THAT MUCH.
Appreciate 0