View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #6
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
Hey, I've dealt with the same problem for ages until I finally used the RTV sealant.

What happened was it started with a small leak, I first replaced the entire valve cover gasket along with valvetronic gasket and the eccentric sensor gasket. Then two months later I start to see black smoke coming out of the seam of my hood, and also noticed burnt oil smell inside the car every time I stop at the red light. It gets worse and worse and it was making a scene out there, quite embarrassing.

Then I cleared up all obstructions until I find the holes under the valvetronic motor to be the culprit, it was storing up oil! I pushed in several paper towels to get those oil out, cleaned up the signs of oil leak, then went on and drove around for a week. Then those holes under the valvetronic are full of oil again. I knew it's that valvetronic gasket leaking.

Similar to what you did, I also tried to replace the new bolts and gasket (replaced 4 times). The forth time got a little better, but the leak still persist, I was very paranoid even with just one drop. Then I gave up, used RTV sealant, and the problem went away for good.
Awesome thanks for sharing that. You just put a coat on the side of the gasket against the velve cover, or where the motor touches the gasket, or both?

I’m ready to be done with this for the third time lol
Appreciate 0