MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieltag View Post
I'll agree that the letters don't matter, but overall those certifications test an actual depth of knowledge as opposed to a weekend course where you buy your certification.

I absolutely agree that motivation can help a person push, but plateus are real and there are NUMEROUS scietific journals, articles, and studies that go as far back as the beginning of the soviet union's dominance in weight lifting. Soviet periodization is still examined today.

I will reiterrate, plateus while affected by mental motivation, are a METABOLIC response that occurs naturally as your body adapts. Periodization is the way around it.

Here is a brief read for a little more info, and while this is focusing mainly on bodybuilding and hypertrophy, it does shed a little more light on the topic. Please read my earlier large post if you want to research more on the topic. Any of the items in there are easily researched.

Good luck!
The physical plateaus you mention are extreme examples in world class athletes. I can guarantee the OP is not approaching that, but actually has more of a mental plateau. As he mentioned, he gets bored and then tries to switch things up and gets bored again.

Absolutely agree with you on variation, periodization, and intensity. I think the OP just really doesn't know what to do and needs to get with someone that can guide him a bit (partner or trainer).
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889
Appreciate 0