View Single Post
      12-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #92
Sigma 3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndog14 View Post
The current E9X M3 is better than the CTS-V coupe (C&D and Motor Trend agree), and the new M5 will be way better than the CTS-V sedan.
I wonder if those mags where being quoted when the G series first came out ans some felt that the G series was better than the 3 series at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Bullshit! CTS-V may cost less, but it's also a "cheaper car". Anyone who really thinks a GM union-built sled is better than any production BMW needs to go buy one and learn from the experience. You can stuff a 'Vette engine in just about anything and go fast, but no "American" manufacturer will ever be able to claim they can out-quality the German car companies. The "Big 3" are doomed by their bean-counters and stockholders, whom they are beholden to way before their customers and the products they produce.
You sound like an older gentlemen and i will not disrespect your experience, however lets not go back 40 years how about the last decade or two. or even use JD power as a point of discussion. How could they give some of "The big 3" better marks than BMW in any area if they are that inferior?
Now some will say who care what JD says, but there numbers dont come from a test drive at the local dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
Dude..just GTFO of this forum. No one wants to hear or talk about garbage American cars. It's a fact that European cars have always been at the top and that isn't going to change anytime soon. I like all cars, but when you start comparing a bloated American car that looks like the shit I took this morning, to an athletic M3, it's clear you're smoking something.
You have seen the numbers for the CTSV and mustang around the ring havent you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
It's not about the money. You drive a BMW. Why would money matter? It's about the driving experience. You really think a Mustang will come anywhere near the feeling of an M3? Yeah ok. Seriously, just get out of here. If you like shitty American cars so much with huge ass engines that make no sense and sound like ass, just go to their shitty forums. Why you're on a BMW forum is beyond me. Remember, there's no replacement for displacement.
I would like to hear what you sound like when you dont like somthing. I had a chance to meat Carol Shelby and I aksed him about his dealings with the Ferrari camp. I wont repeat what he said, but your word fit that description to a T. BTW you do know how it turned out for the "Cars at the top" during that time dont you?
But I digress. Fast forward to the fist gen CTS-V. I liked the car but over looked it for the MB CLS 55AMG. But then I started reading about this shitty american non athletic car with an engine that made no sense, Destroying the GT race circuit. SO bad in fact that the non shitty athletic german cars in was racing complained. Prob about this displacement. The fat ass Caddy was forced to add weight ( 500lb I believe) because the "athletes didnt want to play with him any more.
BTW how is the extra displacement working out for the M3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydermirza12 View Post
Here is a story you might like.

Once upon a time my friend had a CTShit-V, he also had opinions much like yours... Then! one day when he was driving along enjoying his super fast and super awesome handling car to attend his sisters wedding he felt a jerk and his car broke down Thank goodness for onstar and all the other cars he was travelling with helping him out or he would have never made it to his sisters wedding. After watching his CTShit-V get towed away, he continued his journey upset/frustrated about getting a CTShit-V and wondering what could have happened to his super fast/super awesome handling beast.

When he later went to the stealership, he was very surprised to find out there was an issue with his ECU and his transmission had failed on his CTShit-V which only had 23,000 miles on it. Luckily the car was in warrantee and he didn’t have to pay the $10,000 to fix it. Now he drives a super cool BMW, engineered by smart people who spend more money on R&D and less money on their CEO's vaction.

Moral of story --- CTShit-V is super fast and has super awesome handling. (engineered by dumbasses Oh and also Ferrari copied some of their idea’s too)
Cool story bro! Now Here is the Truncated version of another
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-ga...-subframe.aspx
Now those fine german engineers could not have made a crucial error 3 modela in a row...Oh ..wait ... my car is at the dealership. I took it in because my low oil light was on in less than 3k after an oil change.(burning oil in german engineering!?? :confused0068)It seems that my power steering pump has made contact with... The subframe. The almighty an not dumbass engineers say it is from running over a speed bum to fast. or hitting a curb. Now since I havent done either of these the brain trusts at BMW told me it was from ..."Entusiastic driving" I as I told him that I would try not to do this in the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. I had 3 people from Bmw tell me that it is a design flaw.( I think they where prob spies from Infinity because the BMW engineers are not capable of such dumbassery! Even though I have CPO the "occurence " is not covered

4 0f 6 of my cars are German so I am not hating. However, those comercials reflect the attitudes of alot of people in this platform.
"You drive a BMW why would money matter?" This is what the comercial is poking fun at. Enjoy your car, but dont be ignorant and make the stereotype a reality.

Last edited by Sigma 3; 12-04-2011 at 04:16 AM..
Appreciate 0