View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
Evooooo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 XI Sedan M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
We are also working on new twins with custom made manifold for my n54. At this moment, not for resale purposes, just as a hobby.
Mostly we are using Garett parts, but they will be a kind of hybrid turbos with some "twin-scroll" effects.
BW EFR 7670 was my first choice to upgrade my n54 with twin-scroll turbine housing turbo and custom manifold, but BW was unable to delivery the proper twin-scroll turbine house for EFR 7670. I guess, that BW still cannot delivery it. So we switched and decided to go with two new single-scroll turbos. One of them is completly ready, the other is under machining.

On the other hand i think that among many things, the engine should be rebuilt heavily, when we are talking about 500-650+HP. It is not enough to use forged rods and pistons, but the heads should be ported properly and mostly the open-deck designed cylinders should be strenghtened as well. Many-many task, which i will do in my current project.

Laszlo
Guess you havent seen the abuse shiv has put his n54 though than?? based upon everything he is done id say it is enough....
Appreciate 0