04-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #53
WERKE
President Directeur General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/ E92 M3 ESS/F-type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
I don't know. I have a fairly decently modded 1 (power-wise) and I test drove the E92 M3. The engine feels worlds better as a performance oriented car. The twin turbo N54 is boring to drive hard (in comparison) while the high-revving V8 in the M3 begs you to drive harder and nothing is more satisfying than being able to rev to +8000 rpms and the car feel like it's doing more work. With the N54's powerband, it feels like the engine just prematurely ejaculated (sorry for the graphic image, but it's the best way I can describe it).

I'm new to BMW and have yet to own an M car so I'm not biased, but there's something very special about a high-revving N/A V8.

I really agree with you on the subject, I had a highly modified 335 Coupe (3 years) with a Juicebox 1.4, drag racing tires, sprint booster, water / meth injection... and I never had the intention to change car because it was a real bomb ... until I tried a coupe M3. Even if the kick in the ass is much less pronounced, the engine is so brave and more you whip, the more it grows ... with a sound that makes addict. It did not take more than 30 seconds at the wheel of the M3 to understand what the real fun.
Appreciate 0