DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
First, G-bus, I have been buying BMW's (only) since 1996. And, I haven't looked back. So, I don't care about other car companies.

Next, this new test can't be a surprise. I am sure it was announced far in advance to the car companies.

But, BMW made the decision to move forward with the F30 even though it knew or had good reason to know the F30 would be marginal.

BMW could have stopped the presses, delayed the marketing and redesign the f30 to make it safer.

Instead, BMW chose the corporate low road and decided your life was not worth the effort.

Of course BMW could quickly develop a finite element analysis model that would have clearly shown the f30 would not do well in this test. It is not necessary to crash a car to determine how a car will perform. It is a good test. But, there are other ways (such as finite element analysis) to show how the car will perform without having actually crash the car.

But, BMW said no. They chose profit over safety and even a black eye.

Shame on you BMW.

Sounds to me you are the type of person who's always so eager to throw the first rock...

A lot of things you said, you make it sound like it was very simple and it was so predictable...

It's always easy to assume after the facts...

From my point of view, this is a first shot that is bringing attentions to everyone and so things will be worked on from here on...

I would say that practically all of those cars were not design to incorporates means to protect from this specific scenario.

Only the Volvo was properly equiped/designed. Everyone else was a luck of the draw and circumstance. Regarding the BMW, If it wasn't for the wheel being stuck there, things would have been much better.

The F30 is still a very good Modern car (with all the compromises that goes with it)
Appreciate 0