View Single Post
      05-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #39
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by i001947 View Post
Everybody got an opinion about this car value. But how many people on this forum would seriously buy this car?

I would not because BMW made better models that came after the E30 M 3. I got nothing against collectors. But as driver car for me, I already own one of those better models.
Depends on the price. When they were in the teens, gladly. Low 20s, sure, still love them. High 20s, 30s, 40s? Can't say that I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14PWR View Post
Wow! I know they were going up in value but didn't know they have gone up so much in the last few years.

I was lucky 7 years ago to find a completely stock beautiful alpine white/cardinal red M3. I didn't even think twice and bought it. Over the last 7 years, I have made quite a few tasteful mods but have kept the heart and soul of E30 M3's...the S14 motor.
So lucky. White on red E30 M3, it doesn't get much better than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
+1

For me, the E39 M5 was the animal. It will be the next to spike unreasonably in value. Its the car that got me into BMWs in the first place.

I can guarantee it will never go lower than $14k used. It's at its bottom end right now, but it'll get picked up more and more.

I LOVE that these guys pointed out how journalists ruined the car scene. They tip the scales with the words they choose, but some don't even realize it. Some journalists (among other who already have) will begin to question "Why does the sport sedan have to be so un-responsive? Maybe we can't afford multiple cars.....lets combine" and they'll shift back to the E39 M5.

Its a cycle that repeats itself in the auto industry and its quite sad to watch over and over and over as there are lots miniature periods of dull garbage. Sort of glad to say though that I believe we're on a dawn of a new power era as everyone is getting fed up with the econo-boxes cars have become.
Doubtful on the E39 M5. BMW made way more than those compared to the E30 M3. Sure, those with under 40k miles will go for a premium. But plenty of them can be had in the teens. Heck I got a friend selling his for $13.5 right now with 130k miles.

If I didn't own my E92 M3, or could only have 1 single car, the E39 M5 would be it. My good friend has one and it's still such a looker. I saw an Imola Red E39 M5 going the opposite way last week, nearly snapped my neck
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0