View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #3459
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Its the same on Nikon. But when you're not touching the button at all and you push it down all the way in AF priority, the AF is still gonna work his way through before snapping the shot (Not a delay like a P&S).

But with the back focus button, you get your focus, and then it stays there even if you take your time before snapping the shot (as long as your subject doesnt move). So it almost serve the same purpose as a AF-L button.

I'm pretty sure its very similar. Lets not hide it, Canon and Nikon are copycats to each other. They wouldnt let that gap separates one from the other. Its just the way that one's using it that makes one technique more useful then the other I guess; based on personal preferences.

On another note, I am looking for a pistol grip. I really like the idea of not having to unscrew 3 buttons to fix the angle of my tripod's head for about the same price of a decent head. Is there any other pros or cons that I should be aware of? And for the ones that are using one of those, which one do you prefer and why?

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0