07-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #18
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
No, you spend rent money on your car. I mean absolutely no offense to you personally, but somebody making $70k/yr and living at home I would consider somewhat of a "non-winner". Who in their right mind shows so little responsibility that instead of moving out and taking care of themselves they still live at home and suck off of mom and dad's nurturing nipple and buy a new BMW? I guess different priorities in life? Who knows, maybe if I made another $20k/yr and had different parents I'd be the same way I will tell you that there's no way in hell my parents would allow me at 23 to move back into their home. They'd tell me to go get a job, even if it was at McDonalds, and take care of myself.

I want an E93 at the moment but am saving to buy a home. I have the money to go finance the new BMW but instead am living in a nice home with a paid off E30, paid off motorcycle, and out of debt. I'm trying to accumulate long-term wealth instead of short-term.

I have respect for younger guys who can afford these nice E9X's but take care of the important things in life first. A big sign of irresponsibility on the parents and child's part to the folks this story is in reference to.

/rant; sorry to any who may come across offended
+1

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0