United_States
Rep
Drives: Green '07 & Arctic '08 335i's

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtalal View Post
It seems like recently there has simply been a lock out of what's available online, standard tools is gone,i can't get the mikes tools which was suppose to update all the sp-datum and initial files etc to do that part and is the reason maybe that i'm having so many issues.
I can sort of concur with you. While this was all the hotness 5 or 6 years ago, many have simply moved on to Android MMI boxes. The desire and Meta links expire and we are left to detective out the details. I had to scour for several weeks before I found the toolset needed in FaxData's thread. I got inspired by watching some YouTube videos and it seemed pretty straightforward. What you don't get from YouTube is the videos are usually edited and small details can get tossed aside, critical details. The thread I linked above is the only completely thorough guide I could find. It does work, however, if you follow it methodically and make sure each step is complete before proceeding to the next.

Quote:
i was able to do the ai schreiben 9 part coding for 2 of the 3 parts of the cic, i couldn't get the cic-hd to update and would get error messages, i also could not get any of them to update when i saved everything copy pasted from a text document, i had to type in manually all the info for it to read 50/50 and write correctly 1 out 10 times. i tried updating the maps in the glovebox and it "took it" asked for a fsc key, i entered what i got and i'm pretty sure its 1 digit short?
Like most computer coding, there is a very specific order of operations for this process. You need to do things like alter the birth date and VO of the car and then default code the modules, so they will become available. It is easy to get a bit mixed up about what is what. FSC codes are not what you type in, those are installed via FSTool2, over the D-Can cable. Most will need at least 4, two for NAV one for voice activation and one for ConnectedDrive; #17 #19 #1B #9C

Quote:
i got the 1b file so, i know the usb works.
That is great! You will need the 1B file to generate the code that you WILL enter once the NAV option is functional. You will need Jaeger's code generator and use your 1B file as the source.

Quote:
then i noticed my combox even though its c1a had an available update, tried the UPD01006.bin with a 2gb thumb drive that lights up as well and it recognized it, but gave another message and didn't update.
One thing at a time. Get the CIC working before you even start on the COMBOX. NAV does not require COMBOX and the C1A version normally refers to the CIC firmware not the COMBOX.

I would be glad to help out if you need any of the programs or assistance with your upgrade.
Appreciate 0