03-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #48
turbo1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1 View Post
At the garage
Installed my intercooler yesterday. It is a very nice looking piece in person... installation is actually fairly easy, only pain was the stock turbo pipe coupler.. it has that little zip connection, I pried at that thing for about an hour before I took an air dremel, with a bur tip, to it... went through it in about 5 min...

intercooler fits very snug up in there, good use of space COBB.. (i know there is similar designs)

hoping COBB will be sending me a DP soon, had an issue come up and i am awaiting their response in regards...

ran map 1 aggressive for a few days prior to the intercooler
(noticable gains, feels like a stock car but faster)

power on map 1+FMIC aggressive is a lot more noticeable
(feels more like the car is modified, but still just as smooth as stock)

will be dynoing as soon as i have time to get her in.. let me know what maps you guys are interested in again.

I dont want try and turn anyone away from any of their favorite tunes/piggys, but for me the AP is definitely the answer, the power is extremely smooth and comes on fast, power feels consistent during many city and highway pulls.. no issues during normal driving and no issues on full throttle..

I am a happy and satisfied customer as of now

shout out to JARED AT COBB - you have unbeatable professionalism and costumer service

-turbo1
(((cpe charge pipe, cobb intercooler, cobb ap, BMW PE))

---up next:
?brand unkown catted dp?, bmw perf diffuser, slek trunk lid and hood, advan rz's or vmr 701's, h&r sports, meth
Appreciate 0