11-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
aspiring335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Which just reinforces how broken the dealership model is. The SAs can't make much money and are treated poorly by management, the customers generally hate the experience, the SAs often know less about the product than the potential customer. At their worst, dealers are just getting in the middle, confusing the transaction and tacking on bogus fees, adding absolutely no value to the process. Particularly when it comes to Parkview and BMW Toronto, BMW dealers often just damage the brand they're representing.

I had a good experience with my SA when I bought from Endras, because he was totally fine with just making the process as frictionless as possible and respecting the fact that I was informed about the product, dealer margin and incentives. Unfortunately that's the exception not the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
your mistake was going in on Saturday, typically their busiest day and SA has no time to spare except for serious and ready to buy on the spot customers. I am not saying what you did was wrong, it was simply logically the SA will give the window shoppers no attention whatsoever because to them, time is $.