View Single Post
      06-21-2014, 03:33 PM   #36
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
My E92 M3 got rotors and pads replaced which I'm told is a $2000 job. I also just got spark plugs, rear differential fluid, oil change and cabin filter done, I was told that would've been another roughly $1500- $2000. Had I been the second owner and Bmw asked me to pay out-of-pocket, I would've preferred not to. So for me, if ever a secondhand buyer, I would consider the maintenance costs a little more closely.
Well, it does depend on how many miles you put on in those 4 years and did hear the E9X was tough on the brakes. I've had my 135 for nearly 6 years and I'm still on stock (performance) rotors and pads. Spark plugs + labor is around $300. So again, that's closer to the $1500 side.

But I will agree with you, if you need all 4 corners of your brakes replaced, that's easily the #1 spot where the maint program really pays dividends. For everything else, it's nice to have.

Don't let me confuse though, I think this is a cheap move by BMW. It won't effect me, but I don't think it would sway my decision to buy a 2nd hand BMW either (as long as it's still in warranty).
Appreciate 0