View Single Post
      02-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #1204
CoconutPete
Coconut Pete's paella!
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
dont get the people who say Condit wasnt trying to finish, he has a couple of combo that would have knocked most fighters down
Go back and watch some of his prior fights, Carlos is a KILLER, probably has the best killer instinct out of anyone out there, he was a vicious fighter who always went for the finish, he had what ... 1 or 2 fights that he won by decision? Then watch this fight, he took 5 steps forward the entire fight and was just backpedalling and scoring points. I don't doubt his punches would have knocked ME out, but compare this fight to Carlos's prior fights and it's night and day.

Make no mistake about it - he did what he had to do in order to win, and he deserves the win. I'm just dissapointed because the Carlos I saw Saturday night is a completely different person than I am used to seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
One of the craziest things about the Condit vs Diaz, is how many people are changing their opinions after rewatching, some had it for Condit, then after rewatching they had Diaz and people who had it for Diaz after rewatching, switched to Condit and other like myself stuck w/ their original pick (Condit). To me that only shows how close the fight actually was.
I wanted Nick to Win.
I hoped Nick would win.
I thought Nick would win, but everybody in our group agreed on 2 things:

1: Carlos won
2: It was closer than the judges thought

I 100% Blame Nick's corner for this loss. If they had told him the truth in between rounds there is at least a chance he would have listened to them and stopped chasing Carlos. It looked like he had a moment of clarity in the 5th round and that was the part where he almost got the submission.

Instead they just told him "good job" in between rounds ..... of course he is going to keep chasing.

Last edited by CoconutPete; 02-07-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0