View Single Post
      09-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #76
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

1971 Toyota Corona station wagon-- First car.... Sucked, but was durable and RWD with almost no weight over the rear wheels, and a pretty long wheelbase. It was a lot of fun!

1983 Mk I GTI. -- What a great car. I loved every minute of that car. To have this car at 17 years old was really a treat. I put a lot of work into that car and it would outhandle most cars of the day. I used to embarrass people in 911s in that car (downhill) on the twisties. Car did not have a sunroof or AC so it was VERY light. About 1 ton. Recently Automobile magazine named it one of the top 10 sports cars for under 5k. It got totalled and I got:

1984 Mk I GTI. -- Not as good as the first but I had it close before I sold it. Had sunroof and AC so not as light as the first one. Had Tokico shocks on it which allowed you to dial in the suspension very nicely, but never did like it as much as GTI #1.

1995 Audi A4. -- Only had this car for a short time but I liked it pretty well.

1973 Ford Bronco -- This was my Mammoth Mountain beast. I needed something tough for when I lived in the mountains so I picked this up. It was the only car I ever sold for the same amount of money that I bought it for. I converted it to disc brakes and did a lot of engine work on it. It had a 351 Windsor motor with an RV cam, so it was all about torque. I used to pull Jeeps out of snowbanks with it sometimes! You could really only go about 65 on the highway in the car, and effective redline was about 4,500 RPM. I never had the engine RPM any higher than that. Was a 3 speed manual, too. Got about 8 mpg in that one. It was funny because it would only go 65, but it would go 65 up ANY HILL IN THE COUNTRY. I used to get passed on the flats on the way up to Mammoth by 4Runners and stuff, and then pass them as soon as the highway started going up the mountain.

1997 Jetta GLX -- This was a great car for me, and aside from being FWD, a great performer. 0-60 in 7.1 seconds made it nearly as quick as the E46 BMW. Kind of fell apart in the corners though. I got a shine racing suspension kit on it and it really helped a lot, but there was no denying it was FWD.

2006 BMW 330i -- What can I say. This car rules. I sometimes just go out and stare at it in the garage....
Appreciate 0