View Single Post
      02-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #54
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

^^ Pertaining to above.

Don't worry about it. I always wanted an M car for the ultimate Ultimate Driving Machine experience. Never once did I want to own one so as to be part of some "special" club or cult. But what I've found is you get a lot of projections from non-M owners generalizing you as some sort of snobish holier than thou-type no matter what you say, especially if you dare to comment of M car superiority without simultaneously praising what they're driving. Oh, and if you dare praise your own car while bashing theirs, then you're just a badge whore. It's all really silly. Last I checked people are free to purchase whatever floats their boat. People have different needs and desires. I'm motorsport-minded, so I like having cars/bikes that satisfy that side of me. I fully recognize that I could have spent a lot less on my cars and bike and have gotten essentially the same performance, or perhaps a little less or little more. But I like it most when these tangible objects do their jobs well and are equally cool to own and operate. Personally I prefer to enjoy my cars/bike in mostly anonymity. Please allow M owners to take pride in their purchases without being labeled so much--especially badge whore which is so overused (for those that do).