10-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #1713
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
per your suggestions...i'm waiting on a 5diii, hoping they'll combine the speed of the 7d and the low light capabilities of the 5dii
Yeah, we'll see what Nikon comes out with. If it's the D800, then I expect a winter announcement for 5D3. If not, then I don't expect the 5D3 until Spring, at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Why in the world are you worried about a swivel display? When you hold a dslr properly you don't even see the display. For chimping, you can simply tilt the camera away from you, take a quick look and then go back to shooting.

For video, I understand it, but I think that a dslr is a poor choice for a camera that will be primarily a video camera. A dslr is hard to use for video as a casual camera. You have to be serious with a big tripod, fluid head and/or a stability rig to use a dslr for anything other than the occasional video.

A swivel display increases the odds of a failure considerably I'd guess.

Dave
I think a swivel display can be useful for photography in some cases. However, its use for video is more prevalent. That being said, I don't think a dSLR primarily for video is a bad choice. Remember, they shoot House on the 5D2, tons of music videos, commercials, short films, etc.