Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
BMW service. So far, so bad.

Ok so a bit premature to judge service completely, but I find it odd that I am unable to get a bmw loaner when my car goes in for service. The first time I brought my car in for service they had no BMW loaners so they pushed me over to enterprise (it was part of the dealership) and gave me an older chevy pickup truck. Yes, that's all they had. This was in Mountain View, CA.

Had my car towed last night to Steven's Creek BMW (San Jose) because a big electrical malfunction (6 month old car). I bring my wife there this morning to get a loaner so she can get to work and I'm relieved to see at least 10 loan cars out in the parking lot. So I talk to the service advisor and he tells me the loaners are for people with appointments and that if they have any left in the afternoon, he will call me back.

Is this to be expected? Before BMW I owned an IS300 and never had an issue getting a loaner. It seems like BMWs are needing service so often that they never have extra cars to loan out. Or maybe it's because I look young and only drive a 3? If I came in a suit and I brought in a 750i, think they would have given me one? Sorry for the rant. This is just frustrating.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0