View Single Post
      06-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #35
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleno View Post
I would like to think you are right about it being condensation but it also smoked that bad after sitting in the sun all day. The reason I bought it from a Honda dealer is because they are the only dealer in my area that would dare to sell a BMW our town only has three dealers a Ford, Chevy and Honda. I checked the oil (that how i found out it was 3 liters low on oil.) the oil level is fine but I'm not sure if the the Honda oil they used is good for my car or not. I did a lot of searching but i didn't find anything that really described my problem and the threads became very vague and branched out on so many topics it was confusing. I had someone else tell me it was because it sat so long at the dealer and the engine was cleaning its self out. but now 3 tanks of gas later that should be done by now. I cant register because the car is registered under someone else.
Engines don't clean themselves out like that. When cars sit and seals are old fluids seep . Thats why its more intense at startup. Thicker oil won't seep as much.
Appreciate 0