View Single Post
      01-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #28
Slke46
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
Go to the store, hold the cameras in your hands. The camera should be a natural extension of your body. The one that feels the best is the one to choose. Look at the controls, decide which layout you like the best.

In the sub $1000 range, including a lens, you're looking at a Canon XTi or the Nikon D40x. Both are outstanding cameras with a wide selection of excellent lenses. If you're looking at the sub $1000 for a body only, the Nikon D80 is tough to beat. If I'm not mistaken, the Canon options are all over $1000 that compete with the D80.

As for kit lenses, there are plenty of fine lenses out there. While I'm among the first to say the lens is more important than the body, just GETTING A CAMERA AND SHOOTING is more important than agonizing over equipment. I have lenses worth over $2000 and lenses worth barely $200, and they are both capable of producing outstanding images. The difference comes down to the capability of the photographer.

It's a little bit the fiddle, but much more who holds the bow!
Thanks for the advice, going to check out a couple stores this weekend and see which ones fit the criteria mentioned. I would really like to get a camera soon as the spring is soon approaching.