activereality
Newb to BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe (E92)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Ok. So, I was re-checking the connections AGAIN 🤬.

I put the parking brake on, car off & pushed the start button twice but didn't start the car. Put it in reverse & the reverse camera worked. Opened the truck. Shut the trunk like 5 times just to see if the loose connector was in that area some how's NOPE 🤬

The camera stayed on all the whole time....

I'm thinking the engine is projecting interference and I have to get one of those gadgets that prevents that.

I do have a HEAVY duty 40v, waterproof relay on the camera. So, no issues there.

The damn thing is hooked up correctly or I wouldn't be getting video in reverse!

Ugh... I hate electrical issues. 🤬

My initial install was easy. I mean I totally gutted my logic 7 system completely.

Hey there! Any luck with this? No clue how I missed this response - my bad on that.

To make sure I am understanding:
When the vehicle is running and you put it in reverse, what happens?
1. The Camera comes on and it is clear and HD? (all is well, get a beer and relax)
2. The camera comes on but it is fuzzy and sometimes intermittent (this would probably be remedied with a noise isolator of some sort - or could be caused from bad crimps - like a crimp on the jacket or insulation of a wire)
3. the camera does not come on at all in reverse, but does come on when you select camera from the N7 Menu?

Sorry, wanting to make sure I understand the discrepancy before going too much into Troubleshooting

Next up: Rear Breaks, replace some worn internal trim panels, USB retro-fit for Carplay and Media connection to N7, then onto the engine!!
Appreciate 0