View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #45
AceOnShake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
This Windex trick... Had never heard of it til now. So it doesn't degrade the double stick tape at all, spraying it on? Where have you read about it? I'd be worried about degrading the stickiness, especially if it might mean the lip might come off (read the horror story of E93Mac's lip coming off and getting trashed).
I just use the water trick. lol I just spray a little water and put it on before. I did this for trunk spoilers lips etc. No once its dry let it cure. Like apply painters tip on it for resistance, clamps on the side. For me I don't do clamps I just use painters tape and let it in the sun for at least 6 hours. Any front lip I always put on screws. On my e36 m3 I don't over tighten it because I broke 3 lips since its lowered and it just rips off or cracks. I had an e36 non m so low one time on the highway i hit a dip and it broke off and I ran it over.

Yeah 70 dollar lip or not it makes the ride so much better! My plate for my e36 m3 is going to be TPLS M3 but they rejected it.... I tried KLLR BEE since its a dakar yellow M3 and they rejected it. I might do FCK DMV and see what they say.
Appreciate 0