06-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #52
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tee View Post
degrading the adhesion? if you want to get down to all rocket scientific then to a molecular level... perhaps? but youre not wiping anything off, hell you can get the same effect using just tap water altho some ppl in here would use distilled lolol. ive used water and installed the spoiler at work in the parking lot...no taping it down or any type of clamping assistance.

I do the windex with vinyl graphics/decals to position while squeezing out the bubblies. I used to install wings west body kits on hondas with 3m only on 3p spoilers/lips/side skirts and rear bumper add ons. I lol at ppl using that black goop shit that bmw slangs (good luck removing that tar). also 3m alone works so well that bolts are optional....nothing ever fell off.
LOL, ammonia is all rocket scientific and molecular to you? Wow.

I'd feel stupid spraying it on and then finding out it's eating away at the adhesive or foam down the road. I've not read anything about using Windex for the install, which is why I asked where she'd heard it from, in case it's a new phenomenon or something.

For installing vinyl (did the same for taillight tint) to make sure it can be moved around a bit before it sets, I go with what the pros say to use: Either distilled water and alcohol or the water and a bit of dish soap.
Appreciate 0