View Single Post
      12-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #13
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Wow lots of misinformation here. Let me try to help Mark fix it

I purchased the $9.99 / mo subscription to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5.

1. The Adobe Cloud just comes with it - you don't HAVE to use it. None of my work is on the Adobe cloud.

2. The software, both Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, are installed on your local machine and can be used without any internet connection. The $9.99 deal comes with an agreement that you set up automated monthly billing. It phones home and surely after a month if you stop your credit card, the license will no longer be active. If you prepay the 12 months, it only phones home once every 99 days, so unless you will be in Antarctica for longer than 99 days with no internet, the long travel argument doesn't stand.

3. Considering most of us continually update software to keep up with features, averaging out the cost of upgrading vs. paying monthly, even say at a full rate of $50/mo for both Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 together, you just about break even, or possibly spend a bit more with Photoshop CC. Not enough to write home about, though. And, I doubt it will end up at $50/mo.

4. There are never price guarantees. The $9.99/mo deal is a loss leader. I am certain the price will go up. I think I read the standard price was around $40 or $50 per month; however if it doesn't sell at those prices, by the time the 12 months is up the new price might only go to $20/mo. Even at $30/mo or $360/yr it's a wash vs. boxed software.

5. Exactly opposite to what HPFREAK stated, this is a GOOD deal for those that continually upgrade! If you NEVER plan to upgrade your software, then yes, this is not a good deal, because it implies you'll be paying a monthly fee forever... same with car leases -- if you know you will be trading in your car every 3 years, leasing makes sense. I look at it same as a car lease. Lots of people don't like car leases but those who understand them and accept them can benefit greatly.

Anyway I've been enjoying my membership (just got it a few weeks ago) and just wanted to clear up some misconceptions here.

More details:
http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotc...toshop-cc.html
Appreciate 0