BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
I don't think we need to worry about the opinions of people who would buy an all wheel drive 3 series and then worry about its "stance." The main buyer of an xDrive 3 series lives in a snowy area and would probably much rather have extra clearance and suspension travel over a lower ride height.
Says the person who lives in Southern California. Ground clearance in winter is vastly overrated. Most other car makers, Mercedes and Audi come to mind, have sport tuned suspensions that lower the ride height on their AWD sport models. While I agree that the stance for the suspension on a luxury line shouldn't matter, it should on a sport line. Hopefully BMW understands this some time soon.

I totally agree!

What's really sad for Canadian buyers is that the sport line does not come with the sports suspension...it's an extra cost...so the only benefit for me to get the sport line would be the wheels and sport seats...

So the ride height of all three lines, luxury, modern and sport are the same for Canadian buyers...

This really sucks to be honest and hopefully BMW might change this for MY2013...