View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #87
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7499rich View Post
I recently purchased this tune and have a couple questions regarding some of the options.

I ordered a full SuperSprint exhaust system at the same time as I bought this tune. The exhaust is coming out of Italy so when the tune arrived I decided to ask for two versions, the first to run for the few weeks on my stock car until the exhaust arrived, and the second for after I install the exhaust.

I asked for increased rpm on both, and the exhaust one would need cat delete, as well as tune for the exhaust.

I received two files back, the first being the upgraded engine software and the second being the tune. There was no description of what the files contained, as well as no acknowledgment as to my request for two separate tunes.

This in itself frustrated me, I feel there should be a description of the files sent, along with what the tune file is modified for. This would be nice as a double check that you got what you asked for and there were no miscommunications between you and the tuner. This is an expensive car and I want to know what I am loading into to. The email sending these files should be more professional, even with something as simple as starting out with the recipients name, along with "here is the tune you requested with xxxx features..."

Enough about the email. So I replied to the sender and asked what I was sent. I also asked about the two separate tunes I requested and the reply was not what I was expecting. Apparently my request between a stock car and a car with a cat less exhaust does not require any differences. They advertise it like they want to know what exhaust your running, but now that I have bought it it does not actually matter?

The other part I am not really sure about is the cat delete cel function. I was told that the tune detects whether there are cats and clears the codes as necessary. Does this mean the tune is clearing every code all the time? Or is it monitoring for only catless related codes and clearing them. If it is clearing all the codes how will I know if there is actually a problem with the car? I hope this is not the case as I would feel very mislead after reading the website description.

All in all up til this point I am not very thrilled with this tune/product.
If you have questions about our products you can always email or call me direct. Our NA software is designed to work with or without primary cats. There is no need to run different tunes. If you run cats the software will set all standard emissions monitors and your OBD system will work as intended from the factory. If you remove your primary cats our software will automatically keep your SES light for increased emissions from coming on. Your OBD emissions readiness monitors will not set if this is the case but the rest of the OBD system will work as normal.
Appreciate 0