10-04-2005, 08:52 AM   #89
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Nice thread. Here's my list:

1987 SAAB 900 turbo. Bought used in college 1992 with 105K miles. Sold in 1996 with 218K miles. Fun while it lasted. Heavy ass car and looked like a turtle.

1994 Mazda Miata - Most bullet proof car I've ever owned. Fun as hell and autocrossed it. Died a violent death when parked in NY city.

1996 E36 BMW 325is - Fun car. Great handling. Maintenance ran about 1500 per year after 2002. Always something wrong with the electrical system - i.e. check engine light, seatbelt light. Needed a 4 door so I traded in for current e90

2004 Lexus RX330 - Wife's current car. Comfortable, reliable, and BORING. Just the thing for a family hauler.

Cars I've rented when on away assignments (driven for at least 2 months or longer on expat assignments) Had to be at least mentionable -i.e. A ford Taurus is about as exciting as white bread.

1994 Dodge intrepid. Cab forward design. Fun and fast american rental vehicle. Had one for 7 months when I was on assignment in Houston. My only complaint - cab forward caused windshield to have shallow angle. Glass design/manufacturing made view distorted.

1995 Ford Mustang GT - Fast as hell in a straight line. Scary as hell when taking turns quickly. Nothing gets as beat up as a car that is being paid for by the company. Hated the "bucket" seats - uncomfortable.

1996 FIAT Punto - POS that was my assigned car when I was in Venezuela. When taking mountain switchbacks, fuel pump would fail at certain angles. Did you know that red lights are optional in south america (after 5 PM) and that waving out the window with the intention to change lanes gives the right to cut people off?!? Scary place to drive until you realize that everyone just watches for the car(s) in front and could care less about the cars in back. :rocks:

1999 Isuzu Rodeo - Suprisingly fun for an SUV. good space, handling, and ride. Found out that Honda made it (aha) Went all over Boston/NE region when I was assignment there.

2001 Hyundai Sonata - Used on my Asia assignment in Korea. Hyundai make the best fake wood out there... Actually - Pleasantly suprised given the bad rep they have here in the States.

And my favorite so far - 2006 BMW e90. Fast, fun, and great handling after 2 1/2 weeks of ownership. We'll see how gracefully it ages.