View Single Post
      06-29-2023, 01:31 AM   #8
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

You can take an online test and be an arborist.

If you call the local university they might be able to send someone. Never done it myself but heard it's a thing.

But tree trimming to some extent is BS. But some carries merit.
Dead stuff is pretty obviously a hazard. You can not predict when it will come out. It's always best to clear it out.
The living stuff, what I was taught is you want to clear what you can so branches don't droop. Now what you cut out is personal preference. but you don't want the tree to look like it has big holes of missing leaves. There is an art to it.
But much of it has to do with making trees grow tall. If you like the height it's at I see no reason to trim a bunch out so the tree can grow taller/faster.

The thing that sucks about residential stuff is that you have no idea what you may cut into. Nails from birdhouses. Cables, chains or any other sort of thing used to hang shit. It's a blast chipping teeth. LOL

If a tree is deemed dying or something, there's the off chance your homeowners will cover removal.

If your neighbors like the tree but you want it gone, get ready for a fight. If it's on your yard it's yours. But seen plenty of arguments.
Appreciate 1