View Single Post
      02-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
I discovered this is the best way to clean a lense safely. It works well for larger lenses and I just tried it for my Canon Powershot G6. First of all, your mouth has to be clean, so brush and rinse. Before the cleaning the lense, make sure there are no debris on the lense itself. If you see debris on the lense, remove it by lense blower. If you don't have a lense blower, you can use a piece of folded piece of paper and fan directly at the lense itself. Let's start the actual cleaning process. You'll have to breath heavily on the lense a few times - 3 times is good. Take a piece of clean paper towel like bounty and carefully wipe the lense with very little pressure. Breath heavily again, and use a clean part of the towel and wipe. You might have to do one more time, it depends how dirty your lense is. You'll find that this process really cleans very well. This is the first time I tried this and I was told that this is how some of the pros clean their lenses.

I recommend this technique only if you have a smudge on the lense itself. If you have some dust, just use a dust blower or folded paper and just fan the dust away. If your lense looks clean, don't clean the lense because you make risk scratching the lense that doesn't really need cleaning.
NEVER touch your lens with something made from a plant. Only use a clean microfiber cloth.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0