View Single Post
      06-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #27
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
You're not alone. I mentioned earlier that I went to Maranello BMW back in March and dropped off the damaged tire and they advised me that they would take care of the warranty for me.

One month down the road, I really needed my rim back since it was time to put my all season tires back on and they mentioned that they have not heard back from Pirelli and the only way for me get the tire now is to pay $480 which I did; they mentioned that they will let me know once they get the approval from Pirelli.

Another month down the road, I simply asked for the Pirelli case number so that can I follow up on my own and they seemed to have lost it.

Pirelli as of right now cannot provide any information to me at this time without the case number and they mentioned that it shouldn't take more than a month for a claim to be approved.

I think I might be a loss now after paying $480 to replace one tire and having no claim to the warranty. For all I know, they probably now made $900 off selling me a tire if they ate the warranty reimbursement as well.

If I knew better, I should have just bought a replacement tire in the US for 1/4 of the price I paid.

That really sucks...

Let us know how it works out. Also, make sure you call BMW Customer Care and log an official complaint.
Appreciate 0