03-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
HeikkiV
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iNavyGuy View Post
Mind if we see pics? And how much did ya pay for the engine? Any idea whats wrong with the engine? I live in san diego, might be interested in getting the old one from you.
I'm interested in trading my old one as a core. I bought the car using my dad's dealer license at an insurance auction, it had undercarriage damage which amounted to a cracked oil pan, busted intercooler, and leaky gas lines.

I'm not entirely sure whats wrong internally with the current engine, but from the metal shavings that came out of the oil pan after removing it, i'm fairly confident I will need a new engine.

So this brings me to my final point, does anyone have/know where I can find a low-mileage N54 in Southern Ca? I've tried many dismantlers, but they all seem to be scam artists selling high mileage engines advertised with a tenth of the miles they appear to have. I just want to be sure that if i'm spending around $4k on an engine that i'm getting what is advertised. Even running a VIN # through car fax can be sketchy if the engine is out of the car already..
Appreciate 0