Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerlover321 View Post
I have 07 335i sedan.
I have a 2007 328ix.

Quote:
I was looking at the Viper 5902 with the HD display and all.
I really like this system - but then, I was the product manager for it when it was in development. I'm prejudiced.

Quote:
it allows me to start the car from a mile away (remote start),
Right (but you will need a DLPK CAN interface and a BMW KI ribbon interface interface)

Quote:
lock/unlock the car
Ditto.

Quote:
enter the car without pressing any button (detects my presence as i get closer).
No flipping idea how that's supposed to happen. I don't see it on the web page either.

Quote:
All these features are said to be included with this viper 5902 model (as said on their website)
Most of those require the DLPK to function, and the RS definitely requires the BMW KI (or INT, I can't remember) on top of the DLPK.

So, the good news is that if the installer prepares and reads and researches, there is very little wiring involved, so there is little that can go wrong.

The bad news, if you call it that, is that the DLPK effects all these actions through the CAN bus. I've not heard of it having any issues, but that's the point of weakness.

The interface will also require a key pellet from a valet key for installation. You may want to buy an extra key (no remote required).

Oh, and I like the Clifford version better.
Appreciate 0