View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #35
abee20
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
Her favorites right now are the Acura ILX and TSX. She hasn't had a single problem with her RSX driving it up to 120k miles so she's a bit biased, like we are towards BMW . She likes the ILX for the cheap msrp ($25,900) and pretty good gas mileage (24/35). I personally think it's just a civic with a power ranger badge on the front grill but she really likes it. I'm a bit worried about it weighing 3,000 pounds and only having 150 HP, but oh well she's not a car person by any extent. Her complaint with the Accord was "the brakes are too touchy"... She doesn't understand how bad her brakes on her RSX were, and when I drive it I have to pound my foot on it to stop. She's one tough person to help shop for...

The power in the ILX is great. Same engine as the one in the TSX but with less weight. Just be careful about the cabin noise though. Those things are surprisingly noisy, especially compared to the TSX. I was a fan of the ILX too, until I drove one. TSX is definitely a better buy out of the two Acuras if she is at all concerned about refinement.
Appreciate 0