View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
SLEEP3R
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

e92 335i Passanger Seat Repair

This is my first post ever. I normally just watch discussions from a far and if I need questions answered I usually find them by searching.

But this issue just happened to me 2 days ago.
My passanger seat stopped moving horizontally.
It will still move up and down and the backrest still moves forward and back, however, the seat is stuck in one place. I know that it's not the seat motor because I can hear it trying to move but the seat itself simply will not budge. It's more of an issue because the seat is stuck close to the dash board, meaning anybody over 5'7" will have a hard time fitting in the seat.

I didn't want to really mess with the seat to much on my own because I guess I'm afraid that i can break something else.
So this morning I took my car the BMW dealership and had them do a diagnostic on it($125 charge).
they called me back in 2 or so hours and said that something in the seat track broke. They went on to tell me that it will cost $1,910 to repair it. $1,100 for the part and $700 for labor. Of coarse my reaction was, "you got to be shitting me"

I guess my general questions are, has this happened to someone before and is this a price I can expect from anybody I go to?
I would much rather spend $1,900 on some M3 suspension parts or put it towards some RB turbos that i want so badly.
Appreciate 0