BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
thats pretty much every fan of any sport, no? obviously there are people, such as yourself and many others on this forum, who put emotions to the side and look at the facts and think about the outcome realistically but a shit load of people start the season off saying "MY TEAM IS GOING TO WIN IT ALL" then when everyone tries to bring them down and their team actually wins it, all there is to say is "i told you so."
Well yes and no. In the NBA, dynasties can definitely exist - Lakers, Spurs, Bulls of recent past. Coming out at the beginning of the season and declaring a favorite in these instances, and being able to back up is one thing. However, those automatically crowning the Heat, or anyone else, after this off season and free agency period, with so much unknown, were just ignorant and short sighted. Anyone could see that absolute talent they had, but whether or not they would have the best team was well away from being known. Though I do think they have the best team, they looked far from during the regular season, and in some playoff performances too. Basketball is a sport in which the best team seems to, more often than not, win the title. It's not like NFL where everything rests on a single game, or MLB postseason, where crucial players current "hot" or "cold" streaks could be the difference maker in a relatively short series.
Appreciate 0