View Single Post
      12-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #30
djalexnl
Rep
Drives: f10

Well I finally got it done and it works perfectly.

The problems I had were bad connectors / pins I used.

The Z1*10B pin 8 is the + connector part number 61130007438 does not fit exactly but I got it to fit/sit.
The A34*3B pin 8 is the – connector I used “normal” pin part number 61130005197

The rest of them are all the “normal” pins but be careful to put them in the plugs. I’m not that technical and had to figure out how to disassemble the plugs and then insert the pins. But I learned a lot from doing this retrofit.
I used the free pins on the airbag which I measured with a multi-meter. I suggest to measure with a meter between the steps if you planning to do this retrofit. Also take your time if you are not that technical.

Pulling the wire form the steering column to the JBE was not easy in my case so patience was needed but in the end I got the job done.

Since I already had a KAFAS cam I bought a steering wheel with vibration motor Heat module and flippers and now I also have Lane Departure Warning 5AD working.

So in short terms, remove the airbag, remove the steering wheel, remove the SZL pull 2 wires to the JBE + and – to the SZL so you have 12 V. use free pins next to wires used for the airbag (measure with multi-meter). (re) place the switch in the SZL so you can activate the heat module. Place the SZL back with the new wires connected, put the steering wheel back and final the airbag.

Diagrams are in ISTA+ for my car F10 07-2012.

The rest is coding and you’re done.
Appreciate 0