02-03-2024, 04:23 AM   #78
jirka330i
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: bmw330i e91 lci/ n53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardnew View Post
Hi, everyone! I will write my sad experience with the same Noxem emulator and their "great" support. I bought it 6-7 months ago from bimmerprofs.com, unfortunately before reading this topic. Did installation at my local BMW garage. They did all the needed adaptations and resets e.t.c. First few weeks all was great, lower mileage, better idle. But it wasn't long before the first check engine light. Fault 2AF2 about NOx sensor. Support 0 - your fault, mechanics faults, check wiring or something like that. My mechanic checked all the wiring, double-checked, and made adaptations. Still, fault back after 1 week. Again 0 support. Not their fault. So this continued for few more weeks and my mechanic found the guy who took of NOXem and did the programming. The result is a lot of money lost, time, and nerves talking to this shitty support (if we can call it like that). Never recommend this piece of garbage. This all cost me almost 3 times more than programming + my time visiting the mechanic. After reprogramming mileage stays the same, no rough idle, no faults for more than 4 months already.
Sorry to hear that but it seems that there is a number of similar noxem issues across Europe in lat couple of years; it happened to myself as well as few other friens with n53engine. No wonder that it happens because the black box is definitely not a product build according to industrial standards, the cover is glued by white sanitary silicone and the electronic board with parts of doubtfull quality is insulated by a black asphalt which is the worst possible solution; on the top of that the probe itself is very standard Bosch lambda available as cheap aftermarket part.
As I compared that built quality to original nox sensor gen 01 I would say that appropriate noxem price should not exceed 30% of the original part; and anyway- the cost of labour required to get rid of shitty noxem exceeded dramatically costs of original solution with a full guarantee. A far as I am aware the current original nox sensor gen 05 is very reliable solution and together with updated latest software I-level works far better than first generation of nox system

https://www.rajce.idnes.cz/jirka330i...xem/1624644273

Appreciate 0