View Single Post
      05-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

i've shot with film only + scanning. IMO if you are going to go that route rent a digital leica or get an old M3 + a lens to test first. There are so many limitations that it gets annoying at times with the digital. Color rendition is kind of bad on the M9, but if you were going to get an M9 you would probably edit anyway, so this is a non issue. Since you said mostly macro, you probably don't need any kind of low light high iso performance (which the M9 does not have). With Macro it isn't likely you are going to are going to miss autofocus.

But if you are going to shoot macro, the only drawback i would say is the lack of any truly long lenses (not sure what kind of macro you're into). Not sure if it supports high speed sync either (someone can correct me on this if it does).

I will say that it's a pretty good shooting experience though, that is something you can't do on an slr. Also, if you're going for macro I would definitely go the route of a newer model that can use the EVF if for focus peeking only.
Appreciate 0