View Single Post
      05-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #33
lesterhein
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach1328 View Post
I chose an e90 335i simply because as you can see the weight difference of the 328i coupe vs. 328i sedan is minimal and I wanted the added space of the sedan.

The HPFP is an issue with the n54 twin turbo engines (found in 135/335/535i) and I would be worried too if I didn't have the 10 yr / 120,000 mile extended warranty. However, the turbo's generally don't have any issues and even if they did you could outsource the parts from here in the US - or where ever you can find the best deal. If you learn to work on the n54 engine on your own its relatively inexpensive to maintain.

You seem interested in a sporty car and if that is the case, the 135/335i is definitely worth the extra money and higher risk. The n54 engines are truly a blast to own and drive!
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated! I am definitely interested in a more sporting car. I can find loads of 320i's here, but they just don't excite me.

I've heard somewhere that letting FI cars stand is bad for them. Whichever car I buy will basically only be driven on the weekend, is this a bad thing for the turbos? I'm still very skeptical about the HPFP issues and the waistgate rattle, but I'm compiling prices for parts now.

In a weird twist, it's cheaper for me to import the 335i than it is the 328i. Same year model and same config. I can only assume it's demand related, because nothing else makes send
Appreciate 0