View Single Post
      08-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Is BMW on a downward trend?

I have been a BMW fanatic since I can remeber, but lately BMW is pissing me off with some of the stuff they are doing lately. Here are some of them: 1. Doing things just for looks like the fake grills on the new M3. 2. Expanding their line to include more cars than FORD, GM AND Chevy combined. 3. Flame surfacing and less agressive looks on the cars. 4. NOT making a CSL version of the M3 because they dont have resources as they are developing an M X6 and X5. I also think that before, BMW was on a league of it's own and when people wanted serious performace and German engineering there was only one brand you could think off: BMW. But now Audi and Mercedes are closing in; making higher quality cars as they are trying endlessly to gain marketshare on BMW. I still beleive that based on driving dynamics BMW is still the leader of the pack, but will this last for long? I don't know, but I see a very dim future for our favorite company unless they get their act together, and by recently anouncing that they are cutting R&D funding they arent going to achieve that. This is the first time ever that I see a lot of e90posters asking "hey, what do you guys think of the new Audi, looks good right" should i trade it for my 335i"...blah blah blah... Anyways, I just felt like i needed to vent.... Vote on your opinion! feel free to make suggestions, maybe we can get something out of this thread.