01-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
offthewall
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaudiAdeeb View Post
Happy New Year you guys! Anyways, I have a quick question, you see, I travel overseas a lot, therefore I have to leave my 04 745I in the garage for days, and whenever I come back, my car battery is dead. The most my car battery lasts for is one full week, 7 days – is this normal?

I did went to BMW, told them what’s happening, they replaced the battery and told me to turn off the battery switch thingy located at the back, in the truck, so I did, but still, I’m facing the same problem today, the battery runs out after 7 to 9 days. I know this car has a lot of computer gadgets in it, maybe there is some non-functioning in the electric system, I think it’s sucking to much voltage, no? But before I confront BMW, I want to be sure.

So, how long does your car battery usually lasts for? I mean, I have SL 500 as well, I leave that car in the garage for winter, and start it up every 3 weeks or so, it has no problems starting at all. What’s wrong with my bimmer?
Don't know specifically about the Bimmer, but that seems about right for a modern day automobile. Our RV (a Ford E450) has the same issue. Won't last more than a week or two if left unattended.
2001 VW Passat 4Motion -- Blue/Black
1972 VW Super Beetle Convertible -- Yellow/Black
Appreciate 0