View Single Post
      10-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #66
benzo23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalwesdogg View Post
Replace the muffler and have the resonator deleted. Don't forget to transfer the rubber piece and plug the vacuum hose that controls the valve on the old muffler. The pipes are the same size.

When I had mine done, my exhaust guy looked at the new PE and said, "Looks like the same thing to me". He asked if I just wanted to delete the resonator and unplug the vacuum hose. I opted to have the PE installed as I it was already paid for and sitting in his shop. There is a ton of videos and stuff out there on resonator delete. I don't know how much different the mufflers actually are. They do look the same, except for the tips. I drive an 06 330i. Hope this helps.
They look the same because they are the same, you'll notice all the new weld marks on the PE, they open it up and re work the inside maybe re pipe it with non perforated pipe and less sound absorbing materiel. But its the same shell. Its whats on the inside that counts. Its kinda like a stock M3 exhaust mod that a lot of the m3 guys do.
Appreciate 0