09-17-2008, 03:36 PM   #26
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Whoever compiled this "RoadMap" cleary does not work within BMW AG!!

Discrpencies?

There never was to be a production car of the M1 Hommage. This is merely a design study to celebrate 30 years of the M1 , there was no plans for production , especially in what was speculated on specifics for the production version. Why no production M1? Because BMW are not interested in Pissing competitions with our rivals and are more interested in future sustainance and stability thanks to our Efficient Dynamics programme.

No 1er sedan. BMW will not introduce a sedan because of the damage that can be done of BMW four cylinder 3er sales in Europe in which four cylinder petrol and diesel models are big sellers in European markets. And the 1er will not interfere by not introducing a conventional sedan and touring variants.

Z2 Roadster will be based off the next 1er platform and will have offer aswell as usual petrol and diesel engines a stand alone turbo charged four cylinder with mild hybrid technology. The aim is to have a BMW sports car in amongst the hybrids but to defy convention by offering something more unique and groundbreaking for customers.

No X7. The X5 is sufficient enough in terms of space , performance and efficiency.

BMW Gran Turismo - will be the flagship of the BMW division. The Audi A7 will be a direct competitor with the Mercedes CLS , The BMW and Audi are two different segments - Audi is for the mid level luxury segment and BMW will be for the upper luxury segment. The BMW will be the most expensive BMW on the market.
Scott,

Thanks for the post... I was going to make the same comment yesterday but would risk being penalized so I did not (this is my first post in a long while). The X7 was voted down several months ago so I am not even sure why people are still discussing it! The M1 was clearly released as an Hommage (the name says it all) like the Mille Miglia of years past, which never made it to production or even cued future design.

Missing from the list is the X3, the coupe convert lift of next MY, the hybrid X6 and 7, and the new ///M models. The dates are firm for those at this point and are closer than most think.

Really interested in seeing how the hybrids will turn out and the price delta they will command.

Thanks again Scott!