View Single Post
      10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
Just get Rays...its not like BC Forge or any other of the shit or even HRE (which, im sorry its just not at the level BBS/Rays/Enkei is at, they are better quality than the Chinese junk but thats about it) is "euro" style...there isn't a "euro" style anymore even the best BBS wheels are made in Japan like the BBS LM-R and the BBS RI-D. If BBS and HRE is stretching your china BC Forge budget then just get Rays.

People who refer HRE to the same level of BBS/Rays needs to learn about what actually goes into making a wheel and the company behind it..lol
I agree with pretty much everything above but I do have more respect for HRE. The only things I would add is that there are some things that make HRE more appealing than BBS/Rays. HRE makes custom wheels. Custom meaning that the customer can specify the diameter, width, offset, and finish/color. BBS/Rays don't offer the same level of customization. As far as custom wheels go, HRE is arguably the best (or at the very least one of the best). As far as racing pedigree, HRE has some but not nearly as much as BBS/rays. As far as forging process, BBS/Rays are the best.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0